用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[轻松英语]新的一年如何走出舒适圈

字体:    回复
[轻松英语]新的一年如何走出舒适圈
freeto(2015/3/4 10:39:53)  点击:67446  回复:0  IP:180.* * *
有一句话说的好Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,真正的人生从你离开舒适的环境开始。如果在新的一年里,你想寻求一些突破,离开你的舒适圈就是最重要的一步。

How Do You Get Yourself Out of Your Comfort Zone?
如何迫使自己走出舒适圈

Methodologically, getting out of your comfort zone entails doing whatever it is that makes you uncomfortable.
理论上来讲,要走出舒适圈你需要做很多让你感到不舒服的事。

This means doing things that you resist, hate, or even fear. As long as you do that, you will naturally expand your comfort zone.
这些事会让你感到反感、厌恶甚至恐惧。但只要你有意识去做,你就会发现你的舒适圈在慢慢扩大。

However, for someone to want to push him/herself out of his/her comfort zone constantly, to always be in the face of discomfort, uncertainty, and resistance, AND be okay with that, there needs be a reason, a spark, a fuel, to drive him/her forward despite resistances. This reason can be a passion he/she is trying to pursue or a vision he/she is trying to realize.
走出舒适圈意味着安全感的缺失、不确定性以及各种阻力。所以一个迫切想要走出自己舒适圈的人,一定需要一个理由或动力来驱使他去冲破阻力,持续前进。这个理由可能是他一直想追寻的热情,也可能是渴望实现的愿景。

Knowing this reason is actually more important than learning tips and strategies to expand one’s comfort zone, because once you are driven by a vision bigger than you and a force bigger than any other, you will naturally do whatever it takes, including grotesquely expand your comfort zone, to achieve that vision.
找到那个理由会比学习一些方法秘诀更加重要。当比自我更重要的梦想激励你时,当一种超越其他任何事的动力驱使你时,你就会不惜一切代价去实现这个梦想,其中当然包括走出舒适圈。

For example, I have long been driven by my passion to help others grow. This passion has led me to quit a well-paying job in 2008 (at the start of a financial crisis no less), start up my business from a place of zero knowledge and credibility, unabashedly pitch collaboration ideas to others, be publicly featured in the media, public speak in front of masses (as someone who is a natural introvert), network with strangers, and lay out my life, of all its ups and downs, transparently on my blog.
以我为例,我一直都渴望着帮助别人成长。带着对此的热情,我在2008年辞掉了一份薪资不菲的工作(尽管那时刚爆发金融危机),开始了一份全新的事业。那时我既没有专业知识也缺少公信力,但我依然厚着脸皮跟别人谈合作,在媒体上曝光,在众人面前做演讲(我是一个很内向的人),和陌生人拉关系,在博客里展示我生活的点滴,各种起伏。

All these are not activities that I would normally do. All these activities used to be way outside my comfort zone (until I did them and made them part of my comfort zone). In fact, it was not too long ago when I had little interest in entrepreneurship, public speaking, getting media coverage, networking, etc.
上述的事情我以前都很少做,因为超出我舒适圈的范围(现在我已经将这些事扩展到我舒适圈范围内的事了)。说实话,就在不久前我对创业、公共演讲、媒体报道、人际交往等一点兴趣都没有。

Yet, I did those activities, am doing them today, and will continue to do them on a larger scale, because they are necessary to realize my bigger vision of creating a united world. At the end of the day, I want to reach out to all seven billion people in the world and enable everyone to achieve his/her highest potential in life, and I will never stop until that happens.
但是,我以前做过的、现在正在做的、以及以后会更大规模做的那些突破自我的事都是为了实现我创造更和睦世界的梦想。我的最终目标是帮助全世界70亿人激发出自己的潜能,在实现目标之前我都不会停止努力。

If it means having to do the most painful and most uncomfortable of things, then so be it—I will do them. If it means having to stretch my comfort zone to the infinite maximum level, then that is exactly what I will do. I will cross whatever the chasms are between me and my vision and make it happen.
即使这意味着我必须完成最痛苦的任务,挑战最不舒服的工作,我也会接受,尽管放马过来吧。如果我必须将我的舒适圈扩展到最大限度,我会毫不犹豫那样做。不管在现实与梦想面前都多少鸿沟,我都会奋力跨越,到达彼岸。

Directing this back to you, what is your passion or goal? What is the vision you want to achieve? What is the end objective you want to attain?
回到你身上,你的激情在哪里?目标是什么?有什么愿景?最终的目的又是什么?

If you can identify what is it that you want to pursue, what is that vision you want to achieve, and what is the end objective you want to realize, you can then use that to fuel you in your growth. By letting yourself be inspired by what you want/love to do, you will naturally be okay with doing the things you dislike/resist/hate/fear to realize your dream. You will simply step out of your comfort zone and make things happen. This is a far superior and sustainable approach than blindly pushing against fear for the sake of it.
如果你能找到追求的目标与梦想,你就有了成长的动力。为了能做自己想做的事情这个目标,你会自然而然地做那些你讨厌、排斥、恐惧的事情。你会一步一步地走出舒适圈,把一切变为现实。比起盲目地为了克服恐惧而去克服恐惧,找到动力是种更加高明而持久的方式。

As for specific tips and strategies to nudge yourself out of your comfort zone, here’s what I have to share:
对于如何推动自己走出舒适圈,以下有一些具体的方法:

Move towards your fear (rather than away from it).
主动克服恐惧,而不是逃避。

This means if you feel fearful about something, then feel the fear, and boldly do it anyway. Your fear dictates the things that lie outside of your comfort zone. By stepping into the emotion of fear, you are literally expanding your comfort zone.
当你对某件事有恐惧感时,直面这种感觉,大胆去做。你的恐惧感表明了这件事是在你的舒适圈之外的,所以在你克服恐惧时,你已经开始扩张你的舒适圈了。

Take actions different from what you normally do.
打破习惯,换种方式去做事。

Every little thing you do that is a deviation from your usual routine is one step outside of your comfort zone. For example, try a different route to work. Order a different dish from your favorite restaurant. Speak to that colleague whom you normally would not talk to. Email that guy/girl you like to say hi. ;)
做套路之外的事情,不管多小的改变,你都在一点点走出你的舒适圈。比如你可以换一条上班的路、尝试一种新的菜品,或是和很少交流过的同事聊天、给偷偷喜欢的人发个信息。

Fall in love with discomfort.
试着爱上不安的感觉。

The whole essence of moving out of one’s comfort zone is about learning be okay with being uncomfortable. Better yet, learn to love to be uncomfortable. Whenever I feel uncomfortable, I know it’s a good thing because it means that I’m growing. I don’t resist that feeling of discomfort; rather, I embrace it.
走出舒适圈的关键在于试着克服不安的感觉。更近一步,你该学着去爱上这种感觉。当我感到不安时,我会暗示自己这是件好事因为我在成长。我不会排斥不安感,相反我会拥抱它。

Constantly try new things.
不断尝试新事物。

Make a point to try something new every week. It can be as simple as reading a new book, trying rock climbing, or something. I’m always open to doing different things, as long as they fall within my personal agenda. In fact as a personal principle, I will always give something at least one shot too before I write it off. This is how I came to be a vegan actually—in January 2008, I gave vegetarianism a shot for 30 days just to see how it’s like, and ended up liking it so much that I remained a vegetarian thereafter. I then transited to veganism after a few years.
你可以规定自己每周做一件没做过的事。或是读一本书、学习攀岩等。只要安排得过来,我一直很愿意去尝试新的东西。我个人的原则是当我写到某件事,我都至少体会过一次。我就是这样变成严格素食主义者的,那是2008年1月的时候,我试着30天吃素想亲身体验一下,结果最后爱上了这种感觉,从此开始长时间吃素,几年后就成为了纯素食主义者。
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[轻松英语]新的一年如何走出舒适圈
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找